1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How do you like your eggs

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Irishhenman, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Irishhenman

Irishhenman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2013
    Ireland
    So how do you like your eggs?

I like them hard boiled (not so hard that hey are rubbery) with toast.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hard boiled, poached, scrambled, over medium - fact is there is no way that I don't like eggs.

3. jomoncon

jomoncon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Recently, I was introduced to Spanish Egg Tortillas. Sort of like an omelet with potatoes. But the crust on it makes it quite different. I usually leave out the potatoes. I just heat my skillet well with a little olive oil. Mix up the eggs with salt & pepper. Add some chopped green onions & bacon bits. Dump it in the skillet I let it cook for a while. Lift up a corner & let the uncooked eggs flow underneath. When no more egg can flow, flip the entire thing over. Let the 2nd side get crusty. Delicious!!

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Scrambled. With just salt and pepper, with cheese, with mayo and mustard for cheater egg salad, in a huge scramble with onions, shrooms, sausage, taters.

Fried. Hard on a sammich. With cheese, with mayo and mustard, with sausage, with bacon.

Omelets. The first meal my honey made me while we were courting. [​IMG]

Devilled eggs.

Egg salad.

Quiche.

Oh, and that 10 egg pound cake isn't a bad way to eat an egg, either!

5. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

Garlic! You need to put garlic in the scrambled eggs!!

I like diced dried garlic, fried in the butter before you add the egg, or you can sprout the garlic cloves and dice ip the greens that shoot out.

6. TXchickmum

TXchickmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    North Texas
    -prefer scrambled. -very particular as I have to pick out the chalaza. -can't do stringy eggs. -add a few drops of milk or real cream if on tap and blend thoroughly. -cook in a skillet with real butter, no "faux" stuff like margarine or spray. -can't be runny, can't be brown and tough. Fluffy! Omelettes, too, are good. Quiche is better! -no fried, poached, or otherwise gooey eggs with strings. [​IMG] Hard boiled is acceptable (if first sliced and strings removed).

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I guess garlic and onion just go without saying around here. Never even though to include it, they're just a given lol! Like the real butter or bacon grease--no fake oil or olive oil.

8. momof4little1s

momof4little1s New Egg

May 5, 2014
    I grew up on eggs over easy. I'm not huge on eggs to be honest, however, I do like a good over easy egg sammie with some mustard. The messier the better... lol.

Recently, I've also discovered that I like them scrambled with parsley, mushrooms and whatever meat I'm in the mood for.

9. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    Scrambled with lots of pepper, with or without cheese. My son loves when I make hashbrowns then crack a couple eggs overtop and stir till the eggs aren't runny. My husband loves over easy- especially done in bacon grease.

10. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    over easy, unless i'm making a sandwich then i like them fried hard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by