How do you make money off poultry come winter?

Adolfus Nile

Chirping
Jan 12, 2023
I'm making good money selling hatching eggs right now and I have eggs in the incubator to sell ducklings, but come winter this wont be a moneymaker. How can I make money in the winter? my first thought is selling meat birds but i suspect that it might be too much of a hassle and I'm not sure if I can find buyers. My second thought is selling mature birds, but the demand for that is lower in the winter as well.

I'm making good money selling hatching eggs right now and I have eggs in the incubator to sell ducklings, but come winter this wont be a moneymaker. How can I make money in the winter? my first thought is selling meat birds but i suspect that it might be too much of a hassle and I'm not sure if I can find buyers. My second thought is selling mature birds, but the demand for that is lower in the winter as well.
Local Conditions are a definite factor, if you have some specialty marketplace you can appeal to (like the old "Christmas Goose"). But for most people, in most places, for most of human history, Winter was a time when you traditionally tried to reduce losses - actual profit making was a bridge too far.

Completely unrelated but I LOVE your profile picture

Back
Top Bottom