How do you sell your eggs?

When I'm talking to people and the conversation shifts towards birds or store prices, I just mention I have extra eggs I can sell them if they need. They either ignore it or ask how much (insert amount) would cost.
Ohh yeah that’s happened to me too. That’s why I went the facebook route

In summer I put a cooler out at the end of my driveway with a money can inside. No one has ever ripped me off yet. And if they did, I would know they needed it more than me.
I still get an overload of eggs in the spring and donate to my local food pantry. None of my eggs ever get fed to dogs or chickens.
I listed my eggs on my local Nextdoor website and have picked up a couple regulars.
I charge $3.00 a dozen and my customers tell me I am not charging enough and most times leave me extra.
I haven't raised my price in 20 years. Probably I should, but I'm not in it for the money. I just enjoy my flock.

I have not figured out facebook yet.
In fact I dont even have a friend yet.
The "People you may know" it sends me are all strangers who dont even live near me
Local town page?
I will look.
Yes you can look up your local town page. Like a town near me is Jackson. So if i looked up “Jackson NJ” in the search I can find some pages where you and other people can post what’s happening in your town, if anyone is selling items, etc. It’s like a town watch page

Beware and read the “Featured” section to make sure your allowed to post selling items on that page, or else the mods will delete it.

I lucked out with our town page because they allow you to post things that youre selling and what not.

This is what I normally post:
FB36D975-B9A9-41ED-9A05-5EC4FDE2279C.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom