How do you sell your eggs?

We've sold them via an honor box at the bottom of the driveway but, in the last six or eight months, my wife has gravitated towards giving them to several little old ladies at our church for free. She said it makes her feel good to see our eggs making a difference in people's lives, and when she heard one woman mention that she had to clip eggs off her shopping list because they just got too expensive on her fixed income, she came home and pulled down the honor box.

The honor box worked. We never got stiffed and found that several people had apparently made change from prior visitor's funds. $3/doz if you also left an empty carton or $4 without; and two cars stop over the course of the morning and there'd be two empty cartons plus a $5 and a $1, meaning the first person had correct change but the second person would drop a 5 and take two singles as change. She also got a few notes over the years- her favorite one was obviously from a very young child who wrote that our "rainbow eggs" are her favorite, complete with a drawing of pink, green, blue and brown eggs.
IMG_20230216_124357924.jpg
IMG_20230216_174451507.jpg
IMG_20230128_113437129.jpg

Any business that sell products for exactly what they paid for them is not in business long.
There are all kinds of costs to a business owner.
Employees
Electric
Fuel
Insurance
Materials
Advertising.....just to name a few.
I myself looked into a costs of a booth at my local town farmers market for some hand made items I make and produce I grow, and my farm eggs.
I was thinking "I can fill up a table with stuff like these other guys". Then I found out the cost for that booth per year is $500.00!!
NO Thank You!

I donā€™t post on facebook marketplace, just our local town page
So I found my local town facebook page and did an add for eggs with a nice picture...
20210403_180111.jpg

And it got deleted by the moderator.
Violation of facebook rules.
Apparently I could sell a flea bitten couch, rated R movies, books on almost any subject but NOT a healthy good for you food product from happy nonabused well loved chickens.
Go figure?

So I found my local town facebook page and did an add for eggs with a nice picture...
View attachment 3428846
And it got deleted by the moderator.
Violation of facebook rules.
Apparently I could sell a flea bitten couch, rated R movies, books on almost any subject but NOT a healthy good for you food product from happy nonabused well loved chickens.
Go figure?
Probably mods. But keep checking around or even make your own page for your town šŸ˜‰

Back
Top Bottom