How do you sell your extra peacocks?

FWIW, when I sell mine I sell them with a 30ml syringe Corid, 5 metronidazole tablets, enough wormer to treat the cecal worm and a picture of them standing on the scale, lol. Chicks also are sold with a 5 pound bag of food. If they're local, I offer to come weigh them, but most don't take me up on that offer.

-Kathy

Quote: You have a point and it's something I've been trying to deal with. I have two mature boys that seem to get along with their three hens, so that's working. I also have two mature males that live in separate enclosures with turkey hens, but I still have a bunch of 2013 boys that I have to find homes for. I'm afraid to lower my price on them because at a lower price they look like an affordable exotic meal.

-Kathy

@Redtractorranch , let Lalo know you have one for sale, I'm sure he'll send someone your way. That's actually how I've been able to sell many of mine.

-Kathy

So for those of you selling trios. Does that mean you butcher half of your males every yearz

Woah! We butcher nothing. The reason I got into Peas is because I could raise them, sell the feathers, and not have to butcher them for any reason. Sorry can't do that, or I would raise beef cattle. We sell enough feathers to cover the cost of feed and bedding each year.

hugs.gif
He was not addressing you Dylansmom, heck i don't think you even posted on this thread till just now, we were speaking of trios and extra peacock, in my case if i can not sell them i must make a choice cause unlike most of you i do not have extra pens to hold on to them every year in hopes i sell them so if i had to i would process them as it would be much better and my family would enjoy their meat rather than all of them trying to kill each other cause i have seen 3 go against one.

I been raising all kinds of birds for meat as beautiful as they are i might have to make this choice for the welfare of the rest of the birds.

hugs.gif
He was not addressing you Dylansmom, heck i don't think you even posted on this thread till just now, we were speaking of trios and extra peacock, in my case if i can not sell them i must make a choice cause unlike most of you i do not have extra pens to hold on to them every year in hopes i sell them so if i had to i would process them as it would be much better and my family would enjoy their meat rather than all of them trying to kill each other cause i have seen 3 go against one.

I been raising all kinds of birds for meat as beautiful as they are i might have to make this choice for the welfare of the rest of the birds.

It's cool Zaz, I understand that not all of them are raised as pets. I just can't look at mine as meat. And luckily nobody around here has the cash to make Pea for Dinner.

Back
Top Bottom