How do YOU store your fertile eggs

Ravenlover

Bird lover,idk I'll think of something later 😂
Jun 22, 2020
Please all of you give examples of how you store your fertile eggs when you are waiting for enough to incubate, thought this would help a lot of people who are learning (including me) and would love to see and hear how you all do it

I keep them big-side-up in a carton on the counter. They are marked with the date, and the hen who later it (if known). Will this be your first hatch?
My buttons are almost at foam stage and Vladimir one of the 3 females has been laying, so it will be my own first gen i hatched all 5 buttons.

Weird everything u read and hear for best hatch rates is no longer then 7 days, after that starting somewhere on the 7th day fertility in the eggs drop or somthing.

Yes, litature says so, but my experience tells me otherwise.

Same with fertilisation of a hen while changing roos.
After 14 days I still had 2 eggs fertilized by the old roo. Makes me now waiting 3 weeks, till collect after roo change.

Mother nature isn't a machine, and life always finds a way 😉

Yes, litature says so, but my experience tells me otherwise.

Same with fertilisation of a hen while changing roos.
After 14 days I still had 2 eggs fertilized by the old roo. Makes me now waiting 3 weeks, till collect after roo change.

Mother nature isn't a machine, and life always finds a way 😉
These are buttons so they are more delicate then normal coturnix quail, o.o but maybe

Back
Top Bottom