how do you vent sex ducks???

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
i am a little bit confused and i could really use the help, if my ducks were to lay and hatch eggs how would i tell the boys from the girls at a young age? i would like to know how to vent sex but i would like someone to tell me how firs plz and thank you.

Metzer farms has a video on how to vent sex, that is very helpful. I will tell you from experience though, that it's not as easy as it sounds. lol But you can Google, Metzer farms sexing ducklings video.

Also you have to be careful, you can injure your ducklings if you aren't very careful.

Hi
You can find a viedo on vent sexcing on the Metzer farms website. U can google it. Its very helpful to me.

Good luck
Chris

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
works great

a duck stole my heart, how did u get your cat and duck to be such good friends to each other? That is so amazing u could do that!

Chris

Quote:
Wasn't on purpose actually, it just...happened. lol I got my drake as a rescue. They were dumped out on my grandparents pond, and his 3 companions were all killed by predators, so I went and picked up the last lone duck and brought him home. At that time of year, I could not find him any friends. So it was just him for a winter. That spring, we got a kitten, Monkey, and they just bonded. They were great friends for a long time, even after we got Bella some ducky companions. Sadly, we lost Monkey less than a year ago to a car.
sad.png

Some more pics, if you want. Sorry to hijack your post duckgirl89...

mandb3.jpg

mandd1.jpg

bellaandmonkey.jpg

DUCKGIRL89 I have found it easier to start with older ducklings and work backwards with age. If done incorrectly you can easily injure a day old duckling. I started with ducks three weeks old- and also found that it was much easier when they had just had a bath. For one the down is wet and makes it easier to find the vent - but they are often more relaxed then- as well. By three weeks old I can often hear the voices changing as well which kind of makes it easier to know first if you think you have a boy or girl anyway. I hold them in a towel to stop getting myself to wet- but it also help to stop them kicking around too much as well. Now I can sex them at a week old - but I am still hesitant to try them any younger.

Back
Top Bottom