How does a DRY HATCH work?

I don't think anyone would do it solely because it's easier. You would do it based on the humidity in your incubator before adding any water. Say you want to incubate your eggs at 30 to 35% humidity and your incubator is staying at that percentage of humidity without adding water..
Then you would not add water.

Unless I am misunderstanding what a *dry hatch*
means.

why do people do a dry hatch and what is the purpose of having no humidity until the end of the incubation period?
Dry hatch does not mean NO humidity.

I do not add water to my incubator and I can keep it at a steady 30 to 35% humidity... Without adding water which makes it a dry hatch.

I don't think anyone would do it solely because it's easier. You would do it based on the humidity in your incubator before adding any water. Say you want to incubate your eggs at 30 to 35% humidity and your incubator is staying at that percentage of humidity without adding water..

means.
Correct.

means.
Alot of people do it be because it's easier depending on climate. Alot of the time it is just waiting until lockdown and adding humidity then. Especially if you don't have a incubator that doesn't have a pump or might be a pain to add water. Done both ways I will say I've had alot less blood rings in the dry hatch method. Hatch rate about the same wet and dry. A broody momma is honestly the best way if people have access and the easiest method. Also the higher hatch rate in my experience.

Right, but it's based on climate not just because it's easier.
For a person who didn't understand what a dry hatch was simply saying it's easier without elaboration on why is about clear as mud. 🤣 That's all I was getting at.
Well it's common sense if you live in a desert you need humidity. But pretty much anywhere else you can do dry hatches. So it is easier is what I'm saying. If you can't figure out you live in a dry climate or too humid of a climate order you probably shouldn't incubating anything anyway.

Well it's common sense if you live in a desert you need humidity. But pretty much anywhere else you can do dry hatches. So it is easier is what I'm saying. If you can't figure out you live in a dry climate or too humid of a climate order you probably shouldn't incubating anything anyway
🤦🏻‍♀️ Nice.
If incubation humidity should be common sense then no one would need to come here and ask questions and get answers like "because it's easier" without any explanation for why it's easier.

Back
Top Bottom