1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How friendly are BO or Delaware roos?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenfever, Feb 2, 2009.

1. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    OK, I have placed an order to Ideal for some chickens and then I got to thinking about it and am wondering if I should add another roo to the list. My roo now is a BA, and even though my fav when he was younger, since hormones kicked in I can't turn my back. He has attacked my son a few times too.

So, I was thinking of adding either a BO roo or a Delaware roo to my order just to see if they come out a little friendlier. Then I could cull my BA roo.

What do you think, I've heard Delaware roos can be fairly docile.

2. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    I believe they are docile they don't fight like other breeds and can live easily together.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  3. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    My Delaware roo isn't exactly what I'd call friendly (unless you're a hen). He is, however, more of the hatchery quality than the heritage quality and I didn't spend very much time with him as a chick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by