how has shetland sheep dogs??

I love Shelties!! Had a blue merle and she was beautiful. Sadly, she passed away last year at 15 years! She was so smart and the best dog I ever had. I miss her every day.

I had one,he died at 14 a year ago
sad.png
.When he was little he would get attacked constantly by a big black dog that would jump over our fence until my dad finally took care of him.But Harry(our dogs name)was scarred for life and whenever he met a dog(exept a female collie down the road
roll.png
)he woud attack them.He was overgrown and huge so he could look pretty threatening sometimes.He was a great dog to people though and I remember me using him as a pillow and taking naps on him lol

Shelties are some of the best dogs ever. I used to breed them and they are so smart and friendly. My next dog will be another sheltie.

We just lost our Sheltie on Feb. 2 of this year. He was 14 on Dec 1. He had a massive heart attack and passed quickly. He was the best dog I have ever owned. He was a gentleman, and accepted everyone. I swear though, he wore an alarm clock. He would wake us every morning, no matter what our schedule was, tell when it was dinner time, or when he wanted a snack. He is missed. I don't miss his hair.

Kacey's Krazee's :

We just lost our Sheltie on Feb. 2 of this year. He was 14 on Dec 1. He had a massive heart attack and passed quickly. He was the best dog I have ever owned. He was a gentleman, and accepted everyone. I swear though, he wore an alarm clock. He would wake us every morning, no matter what our schedule was, tell when it was dinner time, or when he wanted a snack. He is missed. I don't miss his hair.

hugs.gif
sorry for your loss. our sam is 12 years old and will be 13 in september, i cant even begin to think of life without him. he has been such a wonderful dog to us/family/other pets etc. a very trusting breed in my opinion. thanks for sharing your story.​

Here is our sweet Cricket. She will be 12 in April. We got her at a pet store and I will never get another dog from a pet store. Her front left leg has always been turned outwards a bit and when we took her to her first vet visit after buying her, the vet said her leg had been broken...probably in a puppy mill. She also has hip dysplasia and bad arthritis that we have to give her medication for. Cricket's right eye has suddenly gone droopy also and she will be going to the vet Monday to see what is causing that. She's such a sweet girl and is a GREAT dog, although she doesn't like other dogs messing with her. She likes her space. She's always been SUPER with our kids (we got Cricket when our oldest DD was only 6 months old).

This picture is from December when we got our first snow. She LOVES to go out and lay in the snow. It's funny because my other two dogs will go out and do their business but Cricket will lay out there until she's covered in snow. I guess the cold feels good to her.

12304_cricketsnow.jpg

Back
Top Bottom