Sep 22, 2019
From the lightest to the heaviest chicken breeds. Chicken can reach decent heights threw flight. How high can each chicken breed fly and what breeds will suit me I have a small backyard and 5-6 foot fence. I also have four Easter Eggers and I’m looking for a nice chicken breed also how high do Easter Eggers fly and other breeds. I love friendly chickens and adorable ones like bantman Easter egger or the big breeds that are broody and good egg producers. I also like well calm and tame breeds. That don’t usually bully other birds and aren’t escape Artists please tell me about my chicken breed and others including mixes.

My jersey Giants won't fly at all, they're too big. My polish can clear an 8 foot fence no problem. That's my smallest and biggest breed. No one else has tried to fly over our fence because they know scraps come at dinnertime inside the fenced area :jumpy

My jersey Giants won't fly at all, they're too big. My polish can clear an 8 foot fence no problem. That's my smallest and biggest breed. No one else has tried to fly over our fence because they know scraps come at dinnertime inside the fenced area :jumpy

Hmmm so what is each of the chickens weight I have Easter Eggers they are a medium sized breed weighing about 3-5 pounds around 4 if I’m correct how high would you estimate Easter Eggers can fly?

Maybe you should post your question in the Chicken Behaviors forum to get more answers. This is the New Member Introduction Forum.
Basically, no one can answer this question. Each chicken is different. Some like to fly, some not so much, smaller ones can fly higher than bigger ones.

What breed do you have and what is their weight?

I have 2 Easter Eggers, 2 Rhode Island Red, 2 White Leghorns, An Amberlink pullet, an Amberlink cockerel, 2 Blue Mixed Breeds, a Silver-Laced Wyandotte, and a Plymouth Blue Rock. They all can jump the fence, I don’t know their weights but my Easter Eggers and White Leghorns are the smallest.

I recently had an Easter Egger try to reach a 5 feet high limb in a tree. She cleared 4.5 feet straight up. She did not make 5 feet. She weighs 5 lbs. I think you are ok with Easter Eggers.

In my experience flying is about attitude as well. I had a white leghorn that was a great flyer but she never thought to clear my 6 foot fence. She did go 8 feet up a tree once.

Back
Top Bottom