how hot can they stand?

I've thought about getting misters for my small flock, but I'm in east texas where it's very humid. I've heard the cbination of humidity and the misters could cause respiratory illnesses. Is this true, or is a mister a safe choice?

Last edited:
My son has snakes and they sell a timer that is on the extension cord. You can set it in intervals. Bought it from a reptile store! Right about now our girls are SO hot. Just starting in with heat in Houston TX. We have baby pool for them and we are setting up a fan system today. Peggy looked so hot earlier I wrapped her in a towel and brought her inside for about thirty minutes. She seems to tolerate the heat MUCH less than the other girls. This is out first summer with them so we are trying to learn and accommodate.

I am so sad 2day my lil crooked beak passed from the heat last night! We've only had her 4 months and I wanted her to grow old with us... she was a good chicken...we never got to see whether she would lay an egg or not. We miss her already* peace out~
108_0130 (2).JPG

Back
Top Bottom