How I went from egg hobby to obsession

So I lost my favorite hen this past weekend, Bess. I am so broken hearted. I put the girls up like I always do and lo and behold, she just wasn’t in there. A fox got her, and buried the rest of her in the mulch my husband just happened to be moving the next day. I buried her and built her a cross.
Im so sorry... i know how painful it is to lose a family pet. I'm glad she had such a wonderful life with you. ❤

So I lost my favorite hen this past weekend, Bess. I am so broken hearted. I put the girls up like I always do and lo and behold, she just wasn’t in there. A fox got her, and buried the rest of her in the mulch my husband just happened to be moving the next day. I buried her and built her a cro
I am so sorry for your loss :hugs:hugs:hugs

K. Here is a request for you @MissTracy . Show us your roosters- as they are always magnificent to see!
What’s up, TropiBab! Long week over here, Spring is in chaos mode!
Sorry for my absence, been trying to tackle some landscaping projects in preparation for my smelly chicken yard 🤣
So I rescued a new girl this week, her name is Dora and she is a Welsummer. So far she’s getting along with the girls okay, but she didn’t live with a roo previously and she almost kicked SBS’s ass.
D179B784-DF51-491C-AA4D-C0A963DEF84B.jpeg

Another one of my first year hens is full turkey right now, she’s SO BROODY. Had to take her out and put her with my game/easter egger mix roo to if he can calm her down a little. He was not expecting that 😅
CF007F04-CE43-400F-83DF-59A7BCABA29D.jpeg

It seems BYC is having issues loading photos right now. I will have to post more later.
Happy Saturday!!!

What’s up, TropiBab! Long week over here, Spring is in chaos mode!
Sorry for my absence, been trying to tackle some landscaping projects in preparation for my smelly chicken yard 🤣
So I rescued a new girl this week, her name is Dora and she is a Welsummer. So far she’s getting along with the girls okay, but she didn’t live with a roo previously and she almost kicked SBS’s ass.
View attachment 2608437
Another one of my first year hens is full turkey right now, she’s SO BROODY. Had to take her out and put her with my game/easter egger mix roo to if he can calm her down a little. He was not expecting that 😅
View attachment 2608447
It seems BYC is having issues loading photos right now. I will have to post more later.
Happy Saturday!!!
I'm sure SBS needed a little butt kicking from a girl. I love when my girls give the B & C team a good wallop. Someone has to keep them in line- pay forwards are a _ _ _ _ _.
Oh gosh Spring has been kinda crazy this year for me and my fellow chicken friends too. Maybe chickens know something we don't.
:lauPS. LOOK at the beard- awesome!

Yes, how is the saga?
19D940E2-D106-4DC9-A305-1AAD15FE92E2.jpeg
We adopted 21 new birds this week, not sure where the total is now. One is a Muscovy duck, which must be the dumbest duck because she is silent and there are zero cute quacking noises for my efforts in keeping her kiddie pool full. Got some new roosters, including a barred rock so we have some building to do to keep the chicks and hatching eggs sorted.
Also, we are in the process of buying two adjacent acres so trying to figure out where we are going with that?? Bees and goats most likely.
Sowed 14 rows in the garden today. And my sunflowers by the road. Last year the deer ate all my flowers but hoping the dogs will scare them off this time.
Trying to add a roo to my main flock (30 hens is too much for SBS), but not sure it’s going well. Keeping them free-range fighting for now.
Fingers crossed for good luck!
6530014A-4764-44FE-942A-A52BA21AFCA3.jpeg
6FDB9B56-4615-4843-91EB-2D66B1B1DB74.jpeg
7BEF1AD8-433A-4A46-AB25-35F8EAC40258.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom