How Important Is Senior Prom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you go to prom at all? Junior Year? I Don't even remember my date's last name for Senior year, I went to three proms, and they were fun and a blast, but I always was with friends. I have heard a few girls say they missed their prom and regretted it, but I think it depends on if you have fun at dances anyhow. My friend who hated crowds and going out never regretted not going. I would of though, so I am glad I went.

It really depends on you. Do you like to dress up, dance?? And you don't need a date! Prom dates (not when your already in a relationship but an actual just for the prom date) are overrated. You may find you have more fun with just friends and be free to dance with who ever you want. There will be other singles there, I'm sure you won't be the only one.
I graduated in '88 so it's been awhile but no I didn't go to my prom and I have never regretted it (don't plan to attend any reunions either). I also had a horseshow the next day which to me was more important and tho my riding/showing days are long gone, I still don't regret what I supposidly missed out on during highschool. Instead for prom night, my friends and I got together and had our own party our way - field party with a HUGH bonfire. My oldest is gratuating this year (yahh!) and he went to his prom. Came home and said it was a waste of money though he had fun with his friends (he did take a girl, came home alone but that's another story...). Said he was glad he went to experience it but he would have been better off to go single.

my son is in the same boat, he wants to go but doesnt want to go alone even if friends are going. I went to my prom for an hour and I was fine with that. Is it your Senior prom? We have Jr here too but I didnt go to that. Senior year is one of those you want to where its all about friends and memories. If you want to go dont be afraid to ask a guy friend. I did.

Quote:
Ditto .. I don't think I ever even thought about it. Was probably busy horsebackriding or something .. lol.

I think Senior Prom is only as important as you believe it to be. If you could care less, then no worries if you miss it. I didn't have a chance to go to one and I really really wanted to.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
I didnt go to any dances or proms. Believe it or not I grew up to be a relatively well balanced semi-sane individual who's well rounded and functional.

Everyone I know who went to prom regretted it- except the dressing up part.

I didn't go and haven't regretted it for 21 yrs lol. I was engaged at the time and my DH wasn't into the whole preppy dance thing. I didn't care either way and didn't really want to spend the money on it. Nor did I care for most of the stuck up kids that would be there. I forget what we did instead, probably went to the races, but I know I didn't miss out on anything that great.

Nope didnt go to jr or senior prom. Went to one HomeComing formal in the 10th grade..that was enough.

Daugher is going to her SR prom this Saturday (no date either) and is complaining the entire time about "how come you wont pay for this? So and so's parents are doing THIS for Susie Q... I want this.. I need that... "
roll.png

Sure..I'll just go out and shake the money tree out back for ya kid - be happy and grateful you are even going to begin with!

If you ask me - its overrated and too costly on mom and dad. When kids have to start paying for real life things (clothing, food, ect) it will sink in how much that nice prom dress ensemble cost.

I went to prom with a friend of mine at his HS. The dress was fun, but teh prom itself was stupid. For MY prom I ended up throwing a party at my house for all my friends. We had a blast! If you have a group of friends that don't want to go either, throw a party! It was cheaper and we had loads more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom