How is your flock today?

Pics
@416bigbore You will see him lower one wing and dance for them, and call them for treat's or food. Sometime the hen will squat, and sometimes they play hard to get. If you see the hen's playing hard to get, watch them. If the rooster get's mad about them holding out on him, well you know what I mean. Just watch to see that he isn't mean to one of the hen's, or that he end's up over-breeding any, since you said that you only have 4 hen's.

@BlueBaby Ok thank you, I watched a few different YouTube videos and I know more about it now then I did five minutes again! LOL

Hopefully Chewy does his job and treats the girls nice when the time is right. So far he has been the one on the receiving end of things from the four hens, but getting better as time goes on.

Here is a pic of Chewy I took the other day and keep forgetting to post it. :barnie

Attachments

• Chewy.jpg
    Chewy.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 3
@BlueBaby Ok thank you, I watched a few different YouTube videos and I know more about it now then I did five minutes again! LOL

Hopefully Chewy does his job and treats the girls nice when the time is right. So far he has been the one on the receiving end of things from the four hens, but getting better as time goes on.

Here is a pic of Chewy I took the other day and keep forgetting to post it. :barnie

I've been wondering what Chewy looked like. I hope that he will be a good roo for you and will be good with the girl's also. Good luck!

How is everyone's flock? Ours has been doing fine, business as normal for them the last few days. Egg production has been down a little with our eight ducks who have all been awesome layers. :)

Yesterday was a very nice spring like day 58F and sunny, only problem was spring is still a few months off yet. :( I let the flock out to free range in an other less secure area of the yard since I was busy outside raking all the dead leaves and could keep a close eye on everyone.
They enjoyed having a little grass to peck at but those little Turkeys went for the muddy areas first! :barnie

My egg's have started to pick up over here. The older girl's have grown new feather's after the molt, and some of the pullet's are starting up with laying eggs now also.

I'm thinking of selling my group of the 8 silver grey dorking's. They are my smallest breed that I have over here. They are too friendly and always surrounding my feet when I go in there, and I don't want to be falling on them. I like my chicken's, but I don't exactly have them for pet's.

I was sitting here this evening when a phone call came in asking me if I had any egg's to sell, so tomorrow 4 dozen egg's will be going out the door. I guess that's a good way to start the week out, huh?
That's awesome, how many eggs do your girls generate on a average day? Our best egg days are ten from our twelve girls so we can't really complain about that, four chicken and six duck eggs. Maybe this next April when everyone is a years old they will generate a dozen a day. :)

This morning the weather man missed his mark and the temp dropped down to 17F this early morning, So I had to break the ice on the pool for the ducks. It looked to be 3/8" thick, but they didn't mind they still went for their morning swim.

Back
Top Bottom