How is your flock today?

Pics
They are seperated, and right now I have 4 hens and a roo and 2 ducks and a drake, but I will be getting a lot more in the spring.
We have a young mixed flock and I will have to separating everyone this next spring to avoid any over mating issues.

We have four Drakes and eight hens and four Isa Browns and one little Roo who just recently joined the flock. All but the little Roo will be a year old this April, Chewy is only five months old.

We have been very fortunate not to have any major issues with everyone being all together, I still think it best they have their who coop.

You will have to keep us posted as to what breeds you add to your flocks. :)

I love the rain and green over brown dead dried up vegetation, but rain every other day and mud holes that never seems to dry up before the next rain is a bit to much for a guy like myself who likes to be outside all the time. :barnie

When I lived in Phoenix I found the weather to be very different from what I was used to up North. One person told me that all the concrete infrastructure holding all the summer heat 24-7 and rising straight up, would influence small rain storms to stay on the outer edges of the city and or go around instead of crossing over the city. I guessed that was a plausible explanation.

I remember getting up at 4:30am to get ready to go to work and it was still over 100F outside, it would never cool off at night because of all the concrete retaining the daytime heat. I am guessing you don't have that problem where you live?

Yes, in the cities there are a lot of cement and then you have the road/pavement also (combine that with having more traffic). The houses are also built closer together, so not as much air/wind can pass between them to help keep thing's cooler.

@BlueBaby Yes and everyone and their eight foot high cement retaining walls around their houses was an other thing I have never seen before. What a way to have to live for a little privacy. :th

@BlueBaby Yes and everyone and their eight foot high cement retaining walls around their houses was an other thing I have never seen before. What a way to have to live for a little privacy. :th

Yes, I was watching the new's last night on tv and they showed a shed that went into a neighbors yard over the top of one of those types of wall's. The shed broke the top of that wall right off when it went over it.

@BlueBaby That is craziness, I used to enjoy Barbequing in our back yard and would enjoy watching the little blue green lizards you have there chase each other along the block wall. It was watch the little lizards or the crazy people pass out in the front on the street. I guess that is why all the out facing windows had metal bars over them! LMAO

@BlueBaby That is craziness, I used to enjoy Barbequing in our back yard and would enjoy watching the little blue green lizards you have there chase each other along the block wall. It was watch the little lizards or the crazy people pass out in the front on the street. I guess that is why all the out facing windows had metal bars over them! LMAO

One thing about living over here is that you never go anywhere in the summer without bringing some water with you to keep yourself hydrated. Sometimes we have visitor's that want to go hiking and forget that very important thing.

One thing about living over here is that you never go anywhere in the summer without bringing some water with you to keep yourself rehydrated. Sometimes we have visitor's that want to go hiking and forget that very important thing.
Yes that was one of the first things a Phoenix resident told me about living there. Always carry water with you, always look for shade and never touch anything! LOL

Back
Top Bottom