How is your flock today?

Pics
@BlueBaby IMO, A person needs to have eyes out of the back of their head with any animal, pet or not. S**T can happen for any reason and all they know how to do is bite and or attack. Best for any animal lover to be aware of this. :)

I don't think that I would get any pig's or hog's, nor any goat's. I think that if I got a 4 legged critter that it would most likely be a sheep. I have heard that the Dorper's might be a good one, since they shed themselves. It get's so hot out here in the summer.

@BlueBaby Aw Scooter is a little sweetheart and you would change your mind. :love

I don't think so. My next door neighbor has 2 male bachelor goat's that I feed for them when they go out of town. I will not go into the pen. I toss the alfalfa hay over the top of the fence into the feed barrel's. The water hose runs into the water barrels where I can just fill it up from my side of the fence. I see them pee on their beard's and drink that too. I want no part of it.

I don't think so. My next door neighbor has 2 male bachelor goat's that I feed for them when they go out of town. I will not go into the pen. I toss the alfalfa hay over the top of the fence into the feed barrel's. The water hose runs into the water barrels where I can just fill it up from my side of the fence. I see them pee on their beard's and drink that too. I want no part of it.
That is not Scooter ! LOL

My rooster is starting to be more of a butthead. Which is too bad because I think my most friendly hen might like to get petted. None of them are lap chickens. But if I pet her, he comes up and pecks me, hard. (He hasn't hurt me because it's still cold enough to have on a heavy hoodie.) I assume he thinks I'm taking liberties with his girl...?

The last couple days, I go in with the afternoon snack and he runs up to me, hackles out and pecks my feet. Someone said that might not be an attack, per se... but I don't know what else to think.

If he ever comes at me feet first in the air, he's bought a one way ticket to freezer camp.

@Sally PB . Sorry to hear that. Take yourself a wooden spoon out to the coop. I bet his attitude will change! :D One good tap on the beak and I bet he will start seeing it your way!:gig

Our little Chewy has absolutely no reason to be the little pecker head that he choses to be. He has life by the tail feathers and don't know it! LOL :gig

Back
Top Bottom