How is your flock today?

Pics
Congratulations on the success!!! Bravo!!

My broody hatched 6 out of 10- 2 unfertilized, 1 early quitter, 1 crushed during hatch :)(???!!)
So I have the 6 that I quickly removed because she raises unfriendly chicks and then I had to break her after that because she was still broody... :rolleyes: poor thing, but it was a 2 day good feed and vitamin boost and her in the cage. 1 chick had pasty butt, but all look pretty good otherwise.
View attachment 2661950View attachment 2661952View attachment 2661955
Now I am dealing with a sick pullet, well... "off" pullet. She is quiet and adjusting her neck/crop. Crop was empty w/ no smell, she has good color. I have separated her, dosed her with safeguard & scramble eggs to munch on. She did not whack them yet but I will give the wormer a bit to kick in -also, treating the flock- then will get my flashlight and see what I can see...
On my list of potential enemy ailments from top to bottom.
Worms- gape, tape, round, cocci.
Mosquito- wet pox (no signs but not ruling out)
Egg bound (don't think so)

And the Buff Pullets are locked up in the other half of "the love shack" , I plan to remove the divider in a day or so and let the magic happen... :hmm:oops::bun

Well, better do the rounds...

Thanks', and I hope that your sick pullet will be ok.

A lot has happened this week with my flock. Yesterday, we built and addition on to the coop. That's in preparation for an addition to the flock next month.

Last Friday, I was ready to cull my rooster. He has been coming at me more and more. So Friday, I tried the Big Stick.

So far... he respects the stick and steers clear of me. :fl Here's hoping he keeps his respect!
Every since Chewy started to jump at me I always keep something in my free hand when I go into the coop with Chewy. He is starting to figure out that jumping at me with his Hackles up isn't a wise move on his part! :gig

Another one of those Days! :barnie

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    609.4 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom