How is your flock today?

That is where I learned how easy it was to do a fecal float to check for parasites. So I thought why not invest in a microscope and the equipment to start doing them our selves. The Vet charges us $25.00 for just that test and I figure our little investment should pay for it's self in no time, while being able to keep all our animals healthy.
I just got my microscope less than a week ago. Would love to PM you and pick your brain. Thanks in advance lol!
O-wow since ten that is awesome, maybe not if you have a lot of hooves to trim. LOL I am just learning and the link below is the pictures and information I go by. Betty, Scooters mom has really bad hoof issues because the original owners must not have cared for them. So now I been trying to get them back into shape little by little.
Do you guys use any supplements or topical dressings? We have had some issues in the past with our horses feet so started adding supplements and topical dressings that have done wonders. Very impressed with the turn around.
I'll have my DH see if he can figure it out, but I really want a new one.
As much as you hatch, important as it is to you, as heart breaking a hatch rate as you may have just gotten (just catching up on posts) you totally need and deserve a new one. It is not like this is some fly by night obsession, you have been at it for awhile and an incubator is your tool. You can also sell chicks and make your $$ back.
Then use your old one as the back up... ;) 🌴:lol:🤙

Sometimes people just can't resist trying to tell you what to do, instead of giving you idea's or suggestion's. Everyone has different situation's, and different path's that they have to walk.
The other day I had to LOL when I seen someone posted that people shouldn't eat chickens because they are all pets. Sometimes I just have to bite my tongue and keep my comments to myself, but there has been a time or two I have slipped. :gig
Kindness goes a long way... I wish most people had more humility but we are in a different time. I also wish more people had more intelligence too, myself included in my above comment.
Oh boy.. I hear you completely there. I actually just had a conversation with somebody the other day, a farmer, who said generally speaking he's not interested in what city folks have to say. That's a little more close minded than I try to be admittedly but I thought wow, that sounds freeing. I mean truth be told I feel like some folks are too far gone, and debate won't do anything. I try to bite my tongue too but I've also not a time or two as well lol.
Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black lol but I hear ya. Sometimes I think my chickens are smarter than some of the people I talk to... including myself again.
It used to be that 1 out of every 4 people were crazy, now I think it is 1 out of 3. Serious, it's a thing. So, if you are in a crowd of three and they look normal, chances are it is you. :lau:gigIt makes for a hard time and I hope we can overcome our troubles... back to humility and intelligence... :fl:th

Last edited:
Kindness goes a long way... I wish most people had more humility but we are in a different time. I also wish more people had more intelligence too, myself included in my above comments.

Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black lol but I hear ya. Sometimes I think my chickens are smarter than some of the people I talk to... including myself again.
It used to be that 1 out of every 4 people were crazy, now I think it is 1 out of 3. Serious, it's a thing. So, if you are in a crowd of three and they look normal, chances are it is you. :lau:gigIt makes for a hard time and I hope we can overcome our troubles... back to humility and intelligence... :fl:th
I'm the pot calling the kettle black? Probably lol

Aloha folks!
Been crazy busy and BYC threads drop quick unless you stay on them.
Took my DH to the airport this early morning, it rained the whole way in and half of the way back home. DH has family business on another island so I have a whole week alone with the critters. :jumpy:bun:bun:yaJust me and them!!

It was perfect at the pasture when I went to feed and as there is a rodeo happening, I am glad for them that it has cleared but I did not want to stick around, I want to enjoy my alone time being the antisocial person I have become, plus I have a truck load of projects I want to get done while I have less cooking and cleaning to work around.

I keep forgetting it is the weekend... not sure if that is a good thing or not. After I clean the geezers out of my house, I would like to get back after my deck project that I have been putzing around with for months. I have sanded for hours with my 3amp orbital, gone through a ton of paper and yet have only made it through a small... maaaaybe 3x3 area. Just not working, so I picked up a needed/wanted belt sander and hope to :fl:fl:fl:fl maybe blaze through it and clearcoat b4 DH gets back home.

Chicks and chooks are great. Did my chores last eve so I only have to scrape a bit after the nest box rush. I did pick up a waterer to replace the old one that broke.

Have a great day all- Stay safe! 🌴:frow

The heat is supposed to break here tomorrow. Whee!

Hubby is gone for a week to visit his dad and brother. I'm not going because of the chicks, but that's ok. I won't mind having the house to myself for a week. Semi-whee.

Steamed garlic scapes are AWESOME! Like garlicy green beans, but a little crisper texture. Whee!

The chickies are doing well. Gonna go have some momma chickie love time now.

Aloha folks!
Been crazy busy and BYC threads drop quick unless you stay on them.
Took my DH to the airport this early morning, it rained the whole way in and half of the way back home. DH has family business on another island so I have a whole week alone with the critters. :jumpy:bun:bun:yaJust me and them!!

It was perfect at the pasture when I went to feed and as there is a rodeo happening, I am glad for them that it has cleared but I did not want to stick around, I want to enjoy my alone time being the antisocial person I have become, plus I have a truck load of projects I want to get done while I have less cooking and cleaning to work around.

I keep forgetting it is the weekend... not sure if that is a good thing or not. After I clean the geezers out of my house, I would like to get back after my deck project that I have been putzing around with for months. I have sanded for hours with my 3amp orbital, gone through a ton of paper and yet have only made it through a small... maaaaybe 3x3 area. Just not working, so I picked up a needed/wanted belt sander and hope to :fl:fl:fl:fl maybe blaze through it and clearcoat b4 DH gets back home.

Chicks and chooks are great. Did my chores last eve so I only have to scrape a bit after the nest box rush. I did pick up a waterer to replace the old one that broke.

Have a great day all- Stay safe! 🌴:frow

I think that you forgot to share and send some of that rain over here to me. It is so hot and dry. We are expecting temp's of 118-F next week.

Back
Top Bottom