How is your flock today?

No, just for show. It is a wonderful tree in the right location with the right trim.
Oh ok, I seen you live on the garden Island and wasn't sure if it had fruit or not ? :confused: Get this, I have two pineapple plants growing in our house, I will have to send you a pic. they are pretty cool. I started them both with just the tops off the pineapple. :D

Oh no so sorry to hear about your mom and wishing her well, does she live close by to you? DH taking care of MIL is a good thing...... That's the no.1 sons job unless I was raised wrong! LOL I am no.1 son also. :)
Actually he is #2 son. We are giving #1 a break and giving maincaretaker daughter a big 6 month +break that ends in January. We are the long weekend crew F-M but DH has been distracted with his big kids the last few weekends and therefor mom will become even more difficult with me. She does not understand even though she usually does not know who any of us are. Guess she senses familiarity. Her dementia is at stage 6. Last weekend was pretty tuff.

My mother is in Colo. So over 3,300 miles away as a bird flies. Her outlook is bad. Very bad. She is choosing to be intubated against advice or common sense. That will give her a 10% chance of survival with low quality of life if she does. I pray for peace. I have come to terms. Don't like that caregiver gave her covid. Don't like the family stress and potential uproar and then the mess after.

I just got done trimming all our goat hooves yesterday and what a rodeo that was. I can't imagine a chook would be to difficult! :gig

started them both with just the tops off the pineapple. :D
All in perspective 🤣 though, you have not seen her old lady snaggle feet. 😯

I love that! I think they are such beautiful plants ♡ my chickens like to pick, lay on and eat all my bromiliads so I have temp given up growing any and almost all garden edibles cept fruit trees.
I live the desert side of the garden isle.... ☹
Though it is heaven in winter.

Very Beautiful pics of the flowering trees, what is the name of the tree?
@BlueBaby Just curious if you have been lurking the Duck section of the forum to learn how to raise healthy baby ducklings?

IMO, your either going to love them or just stick to your chooks! LOL :gig
I look in the duck section sometimes. I was also sent a beginner's book on raising duck's with the egg's, because the sender bought a newer edition. I bought the older one that he had. The book was shipped with the egg's.

It was wet and blustery Friday night and part of Saturday. I had chooks hang out in run and garden because now I can lock them in lol and their is enough get away space and obstacles for the smaller aged birds. A bit of clean up.

Feed store was out of feed so it will be tight by the time I get to town. Not thrilled about that and girl was almost rude about it deflecting any further comments from a customer in sure but I will start relying on town suppliers a bit more again. Like the little local shop but don't like snotty attitude when I am more than polite.

Just a bit fussy. Stuff going on personally. Just got my booster and was feeling a tad achy. Moms in ICU with covid and her outlook is bad... the worst. Got MIL here for the weekend and that is always tuff. DH stepping up in her care and that helps as she is exhausting.

Need to trim some toenails on Eva tomorrow. She has the Brahma snaggle toenails lol. Everyone's crops seems back to normal, though still keeping my eye on Indie as she is old and I'm sure will now be a little more prone to crop issues. ♡
Sorry about your mom. I hope that she will surprise you all, and get better.

Actually he is #2 son. We are giving #1 a break and giving maincaretaker daughter a big 6 month +break that ends in January. We are the long weekend crew F-M but DH has been distracted with his big kids the last few weekends and therefor mom will become even more difficult with me. She does not understand even though she usually does not know who any of us are. Guess she senses familiarity. Her dementia is at stage 6. Last weekend was pretty tuff.

My mother is in Colo. So over 3,300 miles away as a bird flies. Her outlook is bad. Very bad. She is choosing to be intubated against advice or common sense. That will give her a 10% chance of survival with low quality of life if she does. I pray for peace. I have come to terms. Don't like that caregiver gave her covid. Don't like the family stress and potential uproar and then the mess after.
:hugs Be strong, you can do this! I lost my sister 3 month's ago, but she passed from pancreatic cancer.

The big thing with baby ducklings is to make sure they get enough B12/ Niacin in their young daily diet and most importantly they LOVE their fresh clean water daily...... and lots of it ! :gig
I though I read, the main thing with duckling is to make sure you get enough. Lol. That is what happens when the heart reads things.

Back
Top Bottom