How likely is Hatchery to send extra chick?

From what you said about orpingtons you made it sound like they never sing lol. Also I rounded it down. Cause it feels more like 5 minutes when she gets at it.

My easter eggers do like to sing along to the other hens. But not as much as yours do. It could be that I bred my EEs myself.
My EEs are home bred as well. Mine are culturally noisy and teach the next generation to carry on like high school drama teachers.

Here are some pics at nearly 11 weeks. The Easter Egger is just chatty. She’s quiet, but has constant chicken noise going on. Definitely head hen. She’s calmed down a ton since her brother left. Is getting some salmon chest feathers she didn’t have before, hopefully she’s still a she! The red Orpington is huge and fluffy. The lavender is the most docile and gets left out at times. Super sweet group. They all come running when we go to give them food. The lavender lets us pet her.

We’re planning to add bark to the run and make half of it covered before the winter, the coop cost a bit more than we were planning and we’ve been busy.

Attachments

• IMG_4265.jpeg
    IMG_4265.jpeg
    777.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4276.jpeg
    IMG_4276.jpeg
    821.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4272.jpeg
    IMG_4272.jpeg
    774.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4279.jpeg
    IMG_4279.jpeg
    584.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4283.jpeg
    IMG_4283.jpeg
    752.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4281.jpeg
    IMG_4281.jpeg
    763.4 KB · Views: 17
Here are some pics at nearly 11 weeks. The Easter Egger is just chatty. She’s quiet, but has constant chicken noise going on. Definitely head hen. She’s calmed down a ton since her brother left. Is getting some salmon chest feathers she didn’t have before, hopefully she’s still a she! The red Orpington is huge and fluffy. The lavender is the most docile and gets left out at times. Super sweet group. They all come running when we go to give them food. The lavender lets us pet her.

We’re planning to add bark to the run and make half of it covered before the winter, the coop cost a bit more than we were planning and we’ve been busy.
can you post better pictures of the EE? It looks the EE has the long male feather. And that comb is very red for this age, however she does have female specific coloring. So probably not. Just post some of the EE from the side. Making sure the tail is visible.

can you post better pictures of the EE? It looks the EE has the long male feather. And that comb is very red for this age, however she does have female specific coloring. So probably not. Just post some of the EE from the side. Making sure the tail is visible.
I can get more if you need them, these are some I took yesterday. Thanks! I’d be sad if both EE were male, but if they are I’d want more chicks now instead of waiting for spring.

Attachments

• IMG_4271.jpeg
    IMG_4271.jpeg
    856.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4259.jpeg
    IMG_4259.jpeg
    579.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4267.jpeg
    IMG_4267.jpeg
    806.5 KB · Views: 9
What do you mean by the “long male feather”?

Back
Top Bottom