How long a baby chick can survive in incubator?

Pics
You could be right for the egg laying hybrids. 🤷‍♂️

But I never heard of this problems with the heritage breeds until they get sick or really old.

I had one 3 year old chicken laying eggs without a shell and 6-7 year old chickens laying very healthy eggs. The one with the shell problem was/got sick and died this spring. Chickens are individuals. And some breeds are quite different in health and egg laying than others.

Anyway the eggs from 4-5 years old Dutch chickens did better than the eggs of the naine de Tournaisis pullets a few years ago. But I’m not a breeder and don’t have much experience with it. I only breed for maintenance (and like to read about keeping chickens).
Hybrid?
Are native (indian) americans or any other pure nation of human different with mixed people with nationalities?

Sicknesses can affect genital system and a shell less egg refers to diseases of uterus.
Yeah they are individuals like we are, but some conditions and programs of living can be more usefull for humans and some are less, and some disadvantage the health and growth of them.

Hybrid?
Are native (indian) americans or any other pure nation of human different with mixed people with nationalities?

Sicknesses can affect genital system and a shell less egg refers to diseases of uterus.
Yeah they are individuals like we are, but some conditions and programs of living can be more usefull for humans and some are less, and some disadvantage the health and growth of them.
The chicken hybrids I refer to, are bred for max egg production. It is strange to refer to people with mixed blood from different continents in that way.

:rant As far as I know they do not have breeding programs for humans to make the max. amount of children or other unnatural characteristics, like the ability to gain weight asap.

You could be right for the egg laying hybrids. 🤷‍♂️

But I never heard of this problems with the heritage breeds until they get sick or really old.

I had one 3 year old chicken laying eggs without a shell and 6-7 year old chickens laying very healthy eggs. The one with the shell problem was/got sick and died this spring. Chickens are individuals. And some breeds are quite different in health and egg laying than others.

Anyway the eggs from 4-5 years old Dutch chickens did better than the eggs of the naine de Tournaisis pullets a few years ago. But I’m not a breeder and don’t have much experience with it. I only breed for maintenance (and like to read about keeping chickens).
Same. I have a 7-8 year old hen (can't tell if she's the mom or the daughter, they were identical and we lost one year's ago) that I hatched a super healthy little chick from this year.
Also have a female the same age who literally had had egg problems since she laid her first pullet egg. Somehow she finally seemed to overcome that for the most part this year and only had a 2 month stretch of shell less eggs as opposed to the entire season like every year before this one.

Hybrid?

“you can’t compare chickens with humans” :lol:

I recommend you looking up “Hybrid vigor”. Hybrids in chickens is the thing that keeps the entire commercial chicken industry afloat...
Cornish Xs, auto sexing egg layers, these are all hybrids and they are very different from pure breeds. They also tend to be very short lived, not that they need to live long to achieve the purpose the commercial industry has for them.

“you can’t compare chickens with humans” :lol:

I recommend you looking up “Hybrid vigor”. Hybrids in chickens is the thing that keeps the entire commercial chicken industry afloat...
Cornish Xs, auto sexing egg layers, these are all hybrids and they are very different from pure breeds. They also tend to be very short lived, not that they need to live long to achieve the purpose the commercial industry has for them.
Sex linked layers, auto sexing is different to sex linked

:O

Attachments

• 28106180-29E0-4D07-AE8F-3D49297E58B0.jpeg
    28106180-29E0-4D07-AE8F-3D49297E58B0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom