How long after external pipping should the chick hatch?

I would help but I am worried of “vacuum wrapping” the other chicks.
Any progress? You can take that one out to assist. Open/shut the incubator quickly and they should be fine. I've helped a few and none of the rest suffered for it. You'll need some coconut oil or something to keep the membrane moist if it bleeds.

I have found that opening the incubator and working really doesnt tend to vaccuum wrap chicks as easily as I had once feared. Our technique has been when we open the incubator we put a warm wet paper towel in (on top of the screen) in case more moisture is needed. We frequently help chicks out of eggs (I know, I know its not advised). Some of our most favorite birds were ones we helped hatch or bandaged up as chicks due to leg issues ;) make sure if you assist you follow the recommendations though, its important to go slow and make sure they are needing help.

Any progress? You can take that one out to assist. Open/shut the incubator quickly and they should be fine. I've helped a few and none of the rest suffered for it. You'll need some coconut oil or something to keep the membrane moist if it bleeds.
Hello, sorry i didn’t reply, I took it out and quickly helped a little and put it back, they all hatched fine after that

Back
Top Bottom