How long after internal pip..??

Feb 23, 2018
So my chicken was siiting on 10 eggs...as i live in india 4 eggs turned to be bad beacause of the heat..now she is sitting on 6...one has huge are sell amd a internal pip can also see the beak when candeled..the other 2 has some small internal pip and other dpnt have internal pip yet...so what do you think how much time will it take to first hatch and to complete hatch..today is day 20..!

Just cant wait to see my fluffy new members:jumpy:love

First of all, stop candling the eggs! At this stage humidity is critical so you should leave them under the hen. From internal pip to external pip usually takes around 12 hours (but this can vary wildly) and then it's another 6-12 hours from popping the shell to starting to zip. Zipping usually doesn't take more than an hour or two. So it could be up to another 24 hours before yours are fully hatched (not surprising, since broody incubated eggs usually hatch right on time on day 21). I would say minimum time for yours to be hatched is another 12 hours.

Yes i dont check on her more often...just was concerned as it was day 20 and had nothing to hear..so just checked that all was fine.!

Thanks for reply

Back
Top Bottom