How long after ivermectin could corid be administered?

FastEddy22

Songster
Jun 15, 2020
I have a hen that has been having some issues that I can’t work out. A few days ago, I had wormed under the advice of other keepers just to be safe. All that was available near me was pour on ivermectin so I used that and her poop seems to look alright but she’s still holding her tail down and her comb is pale.

I have checked for egg binding, vent fleet, and mites and have come up empty. She will still eat and drink at this time.

Should I just treat for cocci? And if so, how long after ivermectin would it be safe to give corid?

Corid can be used at the same time as ivermectin. Does she lay eggs? Have egg shells been normal? How old is she? Reproductive disorders are common in hens over 2 and sometimes seen at a younger age. Coccidiosis is more common in young chickens under 10 weeks old, but could still be possible in chickens who are sickly or lack immunity.

Unfortunately pour on ivermectin is pretty useless when it comes to treating for worms.

What exactly do you feed your flock?

Corid can be used at the same time as ivermectin. Does she lay eggs? Have egg shells been normal? How old is she? Reproductive disorders are common in hens over 2 and sometimes seen at a younger age. Coccidiosis is more common in young chickens under 10 weeks old, but could still be possible in chickens who are sickly or lack immunity.
Thank you for the reply. Egg shells have seemed fine, I believe she laid one yesterday. She had been back with the others and unfortunately there is another hen that lays the same eggs she does so I can’t be 100% sure it was her. I only pulled her from the flock last evening when I noted the recurrence of odd behavior. She is a year old in a few days from now.

Unfortunately pour on ivermectin is pretty useless when it comes to treating for worms.

What exactly do you feed your flock?
I have been giving them nutrena all flock and I provide loose oyster shell supplement on the side for the calcium. Plus occasional treats and black oil sunflower seeds. She doesn’t seem to be having crop emptying issues either.

I have been giving them nutrena all flock and I provide loose oyster shell supplement on the side for the calcium. Plus occasional treats and black oil sunflower seeds. She doesn’t seem to be having crop emptying issues either.
What do you consider occasional?
And how much of these occasional treats do you offer each time?

I highly recommend switching to a layer type feed if all of your flock is about the same age and stopping all treats.

Overfeeding treats can cause birds to become overweight extremely quickly.... Overweight birds are much

I highly recommend switching to a layer type feed if all of your flock is about the same age and stopping all treats.

Overfeeding treats can cause birds to become overweight extremely quickly.... Overweight birds are much
Generally, we feed treats about twice a week to them. I have considered going back to a layer feed about two weeks ago. We had been using all flock with calcium on the side because we had two hens that we thought were long done laying and I was told that the calcium in it can be bad for them if they aren’t making eggs. About 2 weeks ago they got to laying again which blew my mind.

I am curious, Is it correct that the layer feed can harm a non laying hen? I never really questioned it before, but I definitely want to know as much as i can. Thank you for taking the time to reply to me and help with this.

Also, I can absolutely separate the older girls feed from the younger ones as they are actually not in the same outdoor area together. We had been planning on integrating them together eventually, but have not gotten to it yet so they are still apart.

Back
Top Bottom