How long after moving will pigeons breed?

degunuts

Chirping
Sep 28, 2020
Hey there!

our flock just got ravaged by a raccoon, so we got some more birds. My dad was really attached to the old ones, so I’d just like to ask, about how long will it take pigeons to acclimate before they pair/mate up and lay eggs? Couple weeks? They’re all sexually mature. Thanks!

It varies based on the age of the birds, breed, time of year etc. Regardless of all that, it's not the time of year to be breeding now. Now is the time for rest and recuperation for the birds. I would advise to wait until next year (especially so if they are young birds which were born this year).

It varies based on the age of the birds, breed, time of year etc. Regardless of all that, it's not the time of year to be breeding now. Now is the time for rest and recuperation for the birds. I would advise to wait until next year (especially so if they are young birds which were born this year).
Yeah, I’ve never been too keen on letting them breed during the winter myself (it gets cold here and even with a heat lamp chick mortality isn’t great) But I just wanted something to tell my dad. He wants some birds he can let out and watch fly again, lol! Breeding always is faster and more successful in the spring and summer anyway.

Back
Top Bottom