How long after Pipping do eggs hatch?!!! Day 21 Broody Hen

Well congratulations you must be very exited... it’s all different some will take 20 minutes some will take a day or longer. I always check on mine sometimes they stuck in make sure humidity is right. Sometimes not very often they need some extra help. Be carful they are delicate little things and don’t forget to upload some photos so we can share your joy! Good luck my dear!
Yes I am very excited! I can't wait! I'll be sure to post some pictures once they hatch! Thanks!

I find it amazing that my broody hen is a Mottled Houdan Hen, because every where online says that they do not go broody. I guess I got lucky. She's been a great Broody hen so far! We'll see if she's a good Momma soon!

Well congratulations you must be very exited... it’s all different some will take 20 minutes some will take a day or longer. I always check on mine sometimes they stuck in make sure humidity is right. Sometimes not very often they need some extra help. Be carful they are delicate little things and don’t forget to upload some photos so we can share your joy! Good luck my dear!
How do you know when to help I have 3 eggs pipped on the wrong side of egg , last night 11ish now 3pm and not much since I had the first one pip and hatched in 5 hrs this morning I had another on in 4 hours.. I have 2 other eggs that are pipped today but on the right end .still not zipping but I'm thinking they will... When should I try to help the ones who pipped at the wrong end ... Or will that indanger the other eggs... I have a humidifier in the room running at 60 hoping if I need to help not much in flex of humindy.. they are silkies
MVIMG_20200530_142040.jpg

How do you know when to help I have 3 eggs pipped on the wrong side of egg , last night 11ish now 3pm and not much since I had the first one pip and hatched in 5 hrs this morning I had another on in 4 hours.. I have 2 other eggs that are pipped today but on the right end .still not zipping but I'm thinking they will... When should I try to help the ones who pipped at the wrong end ... Or will that indanger the other eggs... I have a humidifier in the room running at 60 hoping if I need to help not much in flex of humindy.. they are silkiesView attachment 2168952
I have no clue. This is my first time incubating eggs and it's with a Broody Hen. Good luck though. Update us

How do you know when to help I have 3 eggs pipped on the wrong side of egg , last night 11ish now 3pm and not much since I had the first one pip and hatched in 5 hrs this morning I had another on in 4 hours.. I have 2 other eggs that are pipped today but on the right end .still not zipping but I'm thinking they will... When should I try to help the ones who pipped at the wrong end ... Or will that indanger the other eggs... I have a humidifier in the room running at 60 hoping if I need to help not much in flex of humindy.. they are silkiesView attachment 2168952
Since a malpositioned pip is both internal and external, you combine the two timetables--24 hours from internal pip to external pip, and 24 hours from external pip to zip. So if they haven't started zipping in 48 hours you can assist. I like this resource for assisting: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching.64660/

Since a malpositioned pip is both internal and external, you combine the two timetables--24 hours from internal pip to external pip, and 24 hours from external pip to zip. So if they haven't started zipping in 48 hours you can assist. I like this resource for assisting: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching.64660/
Thank you they externally pipped last night at 11pm .. so because it was externally I'd do it tonight. .

We got chicks!!!! I’m not sure how many because mama hen was being very protective but i’ll be sure to update with picture first thing in the morning!

Back
Top Bottom