How long before pullet eggs get larger?

CWDancer

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 29, 2013
I have some Barred Rocks, First time I've had them and they've started laying these cute little eggs. I'm getting about a dozen or so a day and was wondering when they will get bigger. The Girls are now about 21 weeks old.
The last two years have been crazy busy for me and for the life of me I can't remember how long it takes for the egg size to increase. I've got about 14 ladies who are over a year old and only 5 or 6 of them are laying right now. The rest are in molt. So I'm really looking forward to my girls little eggs to get bigger. I've been selling the little eggs for 1/2 the price of the big eggs just so my customers have eggs.

My production reds have been laying for about 2 months now and the eggs still are between small and medium with an occasional double yoker tossed in. If I remember from the last time I put birds into production it takes about 6 months depending on breed.

It can take anywhere from a few days to a few or more months for eggs to get up to a 'large' size...can depend on breed and/or individual bird.

Back
Top Bottom