How long can chickens go without food and especially water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I was left some chickens to take care of and I have left them 2 days without water. I think they still have food. Will they die from dehydration? How many days can they go max without water? Google says 2 days but I think it's more. I mean humans can go like 7 days right?
Get off the internet and give them food and water

They need water and food. Absolutely.
Why have they not been given either for multiple days? If this is going to be a regular thing, then you need to give them to someone who can properly take care of them -- they cannot be left without food or water for extended periods of time. It is unhealthy, dangerous, and possibly deadly.

I should mention the last time they were given food was 3 days ago as well as water.
Did you think that they would be fine? What is going on?

Have you at least checked on them since then? You should not be responsible for them if you do not have the time. Alert the owner immediately and go care for the chickens, or find someone that can do it.

Hi I was left some chickens to take care of and I have left them 2 days without water. I think they still have food. Will they die from dehydration? How many days can they go max without water? Google says 2 days but I think it's more. I mean humans can go like 7 days right?

There are some styles of chicken feeders that can hold enough food to last for several days. There are also some styles of chicken waterers that can hold enough water to last for several days.

It is best for chickens to have food and water available all the time. How often you give them more will depend on how much they have, and how many chickens, and a few other factors.

But it's a good idea to check at least one time every day, because they sometimes manage to spill their feed or water even when it should have been enough.

I think you should check on those chickens, and make sure they have water and food, as soon as you can.

So I gave them about 2 liters of water 3 days ago as well as lots of food like 2 kg of food.
You can't just give them a bit of food and water then completely abandon them for days.
Did you actually think that would be fine? Because if you did, you have no business caring for any animals.
I seriously hope that you are just trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom