How long can chickens go without food and especially water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmalane14

Hatching
Oct 17, 2021
Hi I was left some chickens to take care of and I have left them 2 days without water. I think they still have food. Will they die from dehydration? How many days can they go max without water? Google says 2 days but I think it's more. I mean humans can go like 7 days right?

Hi I was left some chickens to take care of and I have left them 2 days without water. I think they still have food. Will they die from dehydration? How many days can they go max without water? Google says 2 days but I think it's more. I mean humans can go like 7 days right?
Chickens, like any living animal need access to fresh water 24/7. They will definitely be dehydrated by now, and it can kill them. They need water ASAP.

They are small! You should tell anyone you can to refill their waterer!
If you are new to chickens you should ask us stuff always.

I should mention the last time they were given food was 3 days ago as well as water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom