How long can chickens go without food and especially water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think that we are being trolled? It's hard to believe that someone would be that insensitive or dumb.
The only scenario that would make sense for the person, is if they were just given these birds with no knowledge. But I mean, who wouldn’t fill the waterer!

It's really dark and cold outside. I'll do it when the sun rises. You guys have given me confidence that they'll be fine till then.
I'm not sure what made you think that they will be fine.

Get a flashlight and some warm clothes and get out there and care for them. This is extremely selfish and unbelievable.

I hope you’re just trolling. But based on your comments, it sounds like you are in Europe or Asia. At your first opportunity, go check on the chickens, even if by flashlight.

Even if they do have enough, they should be checked to ensure there are no emergency situations occurring.

I would also recommend you not take responsibility for this task in future.

It's really dark and cold outside. I'll do it when the sun rises. You guys have given me confidence that they'll be fine till then.
If you're insistent on not going out right now, then do it first thing tomorrow. First thing. Fresh water and plenty of feed, and refill both containers every day thereafter.
And please, for the sake of your birds, never do this again.

They probably would not eat or drink in the dark, but they will want to eat and drink as soon as they can see in the morning.

If they ran out of water two days ago, they might NOT be fine.
But if the food and water did last this long, then they will be fine.

They probably would not eat or drink in the dark, but they will want to eat and drink as soon as they can see in the morning.

If they ran out of water two days ago, they might NOT be fine.
But if the food and water did last this long, then they will be fine.
@emmalane14, the reply above by @NatJ is spot-on.

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom