How long can eggs go without turning?

Robind15

Chirping
Jul 20, 2021
Central Florida
I have two batches of hatching quail in two separate incubators. They are a day apart. I stopped turning the second batch a day early. I wasn’t thinking. Second batch is on day 18 with no hatches no cracks no movement.

Are they all gone/dead?
What do I do with the eggs?
Did I mess up because of the turning?

I have never done quail, but chickens I take out of the turner early. The 3 day lockdown is 4 or 5 for me, just because I seem to always have a couple hatch early. ( my incubator does not heat totally evenly) So no I doubt anything is wrong with your eggs.
Someone else which hatches quail can chime in as mentioned have never hatched quail.

Agreed - turning only increases hatch rate. It’s not impossible to hatch without turning - you might have reduced hatch rates if you never turn.
Im not sure i never tried i should try a batch and see lol but theres stacker hatchers and they dont turn. But i dont do that either lol

I have two batches of hatching quail in two separate incubators. They are a day apart. I stopped turning the second batch a day early. I wasn’t thinking. Second batch is on day 18 with no hatches no cracks no movement.

Are they all gone/dead?
What do I do with the eggs?
Did I mess up because of the turning?
Studies have shown that properly turning the eggs is most important early in the incubation process. Stopping turning during the last week of incubation is not harmful as the chick is providing sufficient motions on its own by then.

Back
Top Bottom