How long do real Christmas trees last??

lau.gif

Charlie Brown Christmas..
love.gif

when i was a little girl,my grandparents had a tree that lasted over a YEAR! they took it down after the holidays (a hige flocked tree) covered it loose in platic,then hung it upside down in the back corner of the garage. i thought it great fun to show off to my friends dduring the summer break. later, watched my grandparents take it down, bring it inside and set it back up. looked the same. smelled the same.

When I was in Oregon, we used to go out the the Saturday after Thanksgiving and go cut down a tree at a farm. It would still be fresh after New Year's Day when it came down, which was great because I HATE vacuuming needles.

They do drink a ton of water, though. We had one of those plastic stands that hold a lot of water and we refilled it at least once sometimes 3 times daily.

I think the key is to run out and cut it yourself. Then keep it really well watered. Store-bought real trees aggravate my asthma, don't know if it's mold from being stored so long, or the chemical preservatives. The ones we cut ourselves never bother me.

However, IF you should let it dry out, DON'T let anyone try the experiment "let's see how flammable it really is". Even on the concrete driveway, it was SCARY. In ten minutes, it was nothing but ash.

With or without the spiders? Did Imp never tell you about his real tree? Seems it had a spider egg sack in it and when he brought it inside to the warmth the eggs hatched.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom