How long do we wait to eat the first eggs?

welcome-byc.gif

You can start enjoying those fresh eggs as soon as they start laying.
big_smile.png
They are fine to eat, though the eggs may be a little small at first. Enjoy your flock!

No need to wait - start enjoying those eggs.....though the first eggs are often rather small so it might take a few days to accumulate enough to make more than a mouth full, lol.

No need to wait - start enjoying those eggs.....though the first eggs are often rather small so it might take a few days to accumulate enough to make more than a mouth full, lol.
X2 Get started on those eggs now! IMHO, pullet eggs have so much more flavor than older hens eggs.

Oh and welcome to BYC!!
frow.gif

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! X3 get eating those eggs!! If using the eggs for hatching then certainly I would wait for a few weeks before setting any in the incubator but no problems for eating.

Enjoy those new eggs and BYC :frow

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. You have far more restraint than I ever had. However, I did feel a little guilty, the first time I raided my girls eggs. They just stood there looking at me with that look of confusion. :gig

Back
Top Bottom