How long do you sit infront if the TV?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bantimna, May 18, 2010.

1. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    1hr. I actually only watch TV when the news comes on, and not at any other time.

2. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    More than I should. When we first moved into this farmhouse built in 1860, it had NEVER had any TV. The previous owners were in their 80's and never had a TV. So for the first 6 months while we started the renovation process we didn't hook up to satellite. I'll tell you we got a whole lot more accomplished especially since it was summertime and the evenings stayed light for so long. Now, sometimes we sit in front of it and watch nothing worthwhile b/c there is nothing worthwhile on. It truly is a "Boob Tube".
    As soon as the contract with Direct TV is over, it's being shut off.

3. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    in a day not much, the only shows we MUST watch here are American Idol, Mentalist, and True Blood!

However it was a horribly rainy day yesterday so we watched a dvd, and then watch Orphan on Cinemax, let me tell you that is a creepy freaky movie!

so on avg maybe 4 hours a week for me and dh.

The girls of course, watch their shows, but I am usually on here, outside working, or reading a good book.

4. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    During the day, not much. In the evening after dinner til bedtime, we relax and watch whatever.

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I seldom sit and just watch when I watch TV. Usually I have the TV on while I clean, read, work on the computer or fold laundry.

6. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    I don't watch TV unless it's the Real Housewives [​IMG] Other than that, I don't have the attention span to watch TV.

7. greeneggsnham

greeneggsnham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Southeast Missouri
    I watch True Blood, Fringe, Bones, Chuck, and the Mentalist. Other than that I hardly watch it at all...unless you can count the stuff the kids watch that I babysit. [​IMG]

8. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    As long as I need to, to get the swelling down in my foot, so I can walk on it again. [​IMG]

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Well I sit in front of the TV but Im on the computer alot. The TV is on for noise or sudden news. Alot of the shows are re runs and my DD gets to watch TV for about an hour for cartoons before heading for bed. That is all the time she has, she rather play outside LOL!

10. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    We stopped watching television years ago. One of the best decisions we ever made.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by