How long does it take you to fall asleep?

Chirpy

Balderdash
15 Years
May 24, 2007
Colorado
Some friends were over and we were talking about falling asleep and getting a good nights sleep. She said that her hubby falls asleep literally in ten seconds once his head hits the pillow. My hubby is asleep within five to ten minutes ... If I'm having a good night I may fall asleep in 20 - 30 minutes. Those guys sleep like a baby all night, seldom waking up and if they do they fall right back asleep. I toss and turn all night, waking up many, many times and often not being able to fall back asleep.

Is there a "normal" to falling asleep and staying asleep all night?

(I do need to add that I already know I'm not "normal"
smile.png
but I also have physical issues so that's why I don't sleep well.)

What about the rest of you?

How quickly do you fall asleep? Do you sleep well all night?

I have insomnia so I can literally lay in bed all night with only catching maybe 30 mins of sleep. If I ever remembered to take my meds for it, it'd be great but they don't really help much.

I fall asleep in a few minutes, but I stay up until I'm very tired. If I wake up because of something annoying (noise, etc), I usually have to get up and fix the noise or shut doors/windows. Then I'll stay up for about 30 minutes and unwind before going back to bed.

It can take me an hour to fall asleep some nights, but not very often. From the age of 40 I started waking more and more often in the night so I kept a radio by my ear to stop me getting bored, but when I reached 52 I suddenly started sleeping all through the night and realised what I had been missing. My sleep problems were due to the menopause.

It can vary. Not sure if there is a normal. If I've been mentally and physically active all day, I'll be so exhausted in mind and body that I'm out in an instant. But if I've just sat around all day, did the normal day tasks like water, garden, eat... then it can take an hour to drift off. Wear yourself out if you haven't tried it yet and see how well you sleep. Eat breakfast, break a good sweat for about 3-4 hours, eat a meal, repeat, and plop in bed after a nice cool shower. At least that's what puts me out quick.

I can sleep in just a few seconds...any time of the day or night... in a blanket and I am gone...never wake in the night...and usually up bright and early:>)

Back
Top Bottom