How long does it take you to fall asleep?

I have an Aunt who literally is asleep when her head hits the pillow and SNORING. LOL

I on the other hand, like my Mom, am an extremely light sleeper and have a hard time going to sleep.

When I was kid, I could sleep like the dead. Not anymore.

If I go to bed before 10ish at night, I am awake at 3-4 am and can not go back to sleep. Usually, though, I wake up about 30 minutes before the alarm goes off.

I have also, layed there for hours and not gone to sleep or hit a 'half sleep'. Not all the way to sleep but not awake either.

I have never been a good sleeper. Like you, it would take and long time to fall asleep and wake up several times at night. I finally had some allergy testing done. (I also had nasal and respiratory symptoms as well.) I found out that my body produces too much candida(naturally occuring organism in the digestive system that feeds on sugar, yeast and high carbs). For the past month, I have been on a no (almost) sugar, no yeast, low-carb diet. By the 3rd night I was sleeping sooooo much better. I can honestly say that I don't miss the sugar. I eat more and more often than I did, have firmed up and feel alot better.

My husband has also changed some of his eating habits (he has a big sweet-tooth) and he has lost 14 lbs in the past month.

I ususally fall to sleep instantly.

My problem is staying sleeping in the wee hours. I wake at 3 am EVERYnight when I'm stressed for some reason.
I also go to bed too darn early (9 pm) with my kid. My dh reads stories and Im sleeping before her.

Wow - I'm really happy for all of you that fall asleep so quickly and actually sleep through the night.

To the rest of you that are like me... I'll think about you laying awake and staring at the ceiling like I am. Misery loves company!!

I wonder if counting chickens would help?
lol.png

Quote:
Same here. Provided I read before I go to sleep, I go right out. If I don't, I'll toss a bit. I've been reading in bed since I was four, not a habit I'm ever going to break!
smile.png

Quote:
Same here. Provided I read before I go to sleep, I go right out. If I don't, I'll toss a bit. I've been reading in bed since I was four, not a habit I'm ever going to break!
smile.png

The only trouble seems to be when the book I am reading is heavy- if I fall asleep and it falls on my face, it hurts, especially if it rests there for any length of time!
lol.png

I never read before bed until I got married and that's what my wife did. Before that I listened to music. I couldn't fall asleep with her reading lamp on so I started reading too. Now she gets mad because I am asleep and snoring before she can get to sleep!

I fall asleep the minute my head hits the pillow. I am usually so sleepy I fall asleep on top of my bed and my husband makes me get up to take out my contacts and get in the covers. My 4 year old wakes up several times a night usually about five nights a week and I can get up, tend to her and fall right back asleep.

Back
Top Bottom