How long for Pip to zip?

RussianChickens

Songster
9 Years
Jul 2, 2013
Michigan (USA)
I have two pipped eggs. They have been pipped since last night. Humidity was 40% and I raised it back up to 65-70% this morning but still no zipping. The has partially zipped but neither has progressed any further. They both are tapping inside if you feel them and I can hear cheeping.

Should I help them get the top of the shell off? Are the gooo stuck or shrink wrapped? Its been 12 hours now.

I had two questionable ones so i took everything out and candled. One was externally pipped but not into the air cell! I thought it was dead and I clipped a little hole, it bled but seems to have stopped and the chick put his beak through the hole I made, I hope he makes it, I might have just saved him or killed him. His pip was not into the aircell but it is now open to it and the outside world so I think hes got air, i hope.

The others are all internally pipped into the aircell and one externally as well. Looks good other than 4 more quitters and one questionable one. Two have hatched now.

I'm having a big problem with humidity jumps and decline even with it locked down, it goes high then back to 40%. i'm worried to leave them overnight while I sleep!!

Back
Top Bottom