How long from pip to zip????? UPDATE CHICKS ARE HATCHING!! PICS!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hobbychick, Mar 20, 2009.

1. hobbychick

hobbychick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2007
    Illinois
    I am on day 21 and had 6 pips at 7:30 this morning. [​IMG] How long does it take them to zip. One pipped, zipped, and was out in like 10 minutes. The others have done nothing other then pip.

Should I worry? [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  2. Chickenfeet

Chickenfeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Cleveland, Ga.
    From what I have read, be patient!!! My 1st batch is in the incubator and due next Thursday. It can take a day or two for your eggs to hatch. I have read of chicks waiting till day 25 to hatch. All depends on the temp. during incubation. Good luck and please post pic's of your cute fuzz butts.

3. embkm

embkm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Colbert, Ga
    Just be patient. My first 2 pipped just before midnight, they waited to hatch until I was at work and DH left for an hour to go pick up DD from school (around 3pm).

If you run some errands, I bet they'll be waiting for you in the bator when you get home LOL!

4. hobbychick

May 9, 2007
    Illinois
    I am a dog groomer, and I am trying to groom, watch the bator, and use the computer!![​IMG] I am a multitasker!![​IMG] OK I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!![​IMG]

5. Orpington Poultry

Orpington Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    California
    It could easily take up to 24 hours. There is no given time on sip to pip. [​IMG] Watching makes it longer it seems. [​IMG] But it is so neat to watch them break out.

Good Luck
    K.

6. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    My last hatch, I had one pip & then not even BEGIN zipping until 26 hrs. later. He finally hatched out and was just fine; going strong to this day!

7. hobbychick

May 9, 2007
    Illinois
    I can not believe how stressful this is!!![​IMG] There is just so much anticipation!!! I feel sorry for the 1st chick who is trying to cuddle up to the eggs and it keeps peeping.[​IMG]

Come on BABIES!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. hobbychick

May 9, 2007
    Illinois
    You were right. I left for a hour our so and came home and I now have 5 chicks!!!!! [​IMG] Also a couple more have piped. This is so EXCITING!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    it never gets any less exciting! CONGRATS! Make sure to post some pics when you can!

10. hobbychick

May 9, 2007
    Illinois
    They just keep coming!!! 2 more!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by