How long from pip to zip????? UPDATE CHICKS ARE HATCHING!! PICS!!

hobbychick

Songster
12 Years
May 9, 2007
Illinois
I am on day 21 and had 6 pips at 7:30 this morning.
wee.gif
How long does it take them to zip. One pipped, zipped, and was out in like 10 minutes. The others have done nothing other then pip.

Should I worry?
fl.gif

Last edited:
From what I have read, be patient!!! My 1st batch is in the incubator and due next Thursday. It can take a day or two for your eggs to hatch. I have read of chicks waiting till day 25 to hatch. All depends on the temp. during incubation. Good luck and please post pic's of your cute fuzz butts.

Just be patient. My first 2 pipped just before midnight, they waited to hatch until I was at work and DH left for an hour to go pick up DD from school (around 3pm).

If you run some errands, I bet they'll be waiting for you in the bator when you get home LOL!

I am a dog groomer, and I am trying to groom, watch the bator, and use the computer!!
he.gif
I am a multitasker!!
duc.gif
OK I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!!
barnie.gif

It could easily take up to 24 hours. There is no given time on sip to pip.
wink.png
Watching makes it longer it seems.
big_smile.png
But it is so neat to watch them break out.

Good Luck
K.

My last hatch, I had one pip & then not even BEGIN zipping until 26 hrs. later. He finally hatched out and was just fine; going strong to this day!

I can not believe how stressful this is!!!
duc.gif
There is just so much anticipation!!! I feel sorry for the 1st chick who is trying to cuddle up to the eggs and it keeps peeping.
jumpy.gif

Come on BABIES!!!!
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif

You were right. I left for a hour our so and came home and I now have 5 chicks!!!!!
wee.gif
Also a couple more have piped. This is so EXCITING!!!
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom