FarmWheeler

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2020
My 4 pilgrim goose eggs air sacs "dipped down" on Monday (3 days ago) and yesterday I noticed the shadowing around the lower edge of the air sac (when it's facing the correct way up). It looks like something pressing up against the air sac membrane trying to break it in little fluttery irregular movements. It's continued to today and I was wondering how long might it take for them to internally pip (if they are going to manage it?)

I don't know at what point I should be worried but from everything I've read it seems that if they don't manage to internally pip there isn't much you can do to help/assisting a hatch only seems to work once they've internally pipped to help them externally pip and zip? Not sure whether to make a safety air hole anyway.

Very anxious for the babies! Fingers crossed

Finally! The last one hatched yesterday evening, and the first three began hatching the night before. They were each about 8 hours apart from each other aside from the last one who wanted to make a grand entrance. Thanks for your advice!
94488482_2974191609335491_4680360926287757312_n.jpg

Air cells look good, shawdowing looks normal. :thumbsup
I'd get their humidity ramped up to 75% and wait it out. Goose eggs can take 3 days to hatch.

I totally understand. I bought call duck eggs and had them shipped recently and none of them made it. :( Usually have something hatch from shipped eggs.
Your eggs are making great progress and should hatch in a few days!

Ah i'm so sorry hear that - that must be so disheartening.
An update: Two internally pipped yesterday and two internally pipped today, I made air holes for them all and now they're peeping away inside the incubator - going to try and stop fiddling and leave them to it now!

Back
Top Bottom