How long is Weed & Feed hazardous to chickens?

Rosanna

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
PA
My father in law fertilized our entire property on Saturday morning with Scott's Weed & Feed granular fertilizer and I'm so worried about it harming my 7 week old chicks. I didn't know he was going to do the entire 6 acres, so I wasn't able to warn him or tell him ahead of time where to not put the fertilizer down at. It's been two days since he layed it and I haven't let the chicks out of their coop yet, they are getting so antsy though being cooped up inside all day and night. Our run isn't completely built yet so they've been stuck inside. It's supposed to rain this week so I'm hoping that will help. Any ideas of when it will be safe again for me to let them outside to roam around or any ideas of what I can do?? I hate having them cooped up for days but I want to make sure they're safe. Thanks in advance!

If he has any left put some where you can monitor it. When it disappears it will be a good as it is going to get. The rain will help to wash it away.

If he has any left put some where you can monitor it. When it disappears it will be a good as it is going to get. The rain will help to wash it away.

Thank you. I've been monitoring the little granules and after last night's rain they have disappeared. We're supposed to get 3" of rain today so maybe that will push it farther into the soil than they would go. Hopefully I'll be able to let them outside in the next couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom