How long should I give my eggs to hatch after the scheduled hatch date??

I have a hen sitting on 4 eggs, today is day 21. This morning I saw one hatched and looks healthy. When estelle (mama) stood up we removed one that was partially hatched and dead. The other twoeggs don't have so much as a crack after all day. We put the eggs underneath her on the same day so they should all hatch around the same time right? This is our first time hatching and hers

I have a hen sitting on 4 eggs, today is day 21. This morning I saw one hatched and looks healthy. When estelle (mama) stood up we removed one that was partially hatched and dead. The other twoeggs don't have so much as a crack after all day. We put the eggs underneath her on the same day so they should all hatch around the same time right? This is our first time hatching and hers

I am having the same issue... I bought 9 fertile eggs for my hen to sit on. This is her second time ( she had 100% hatch rate the first time) day 21 was yesterday and two have hatched and are doing great. I can't get to the other eggs under her. She is super protective. But I am wondering how long to give them before giving up. From what everyone is saying... 25 days. I have a camera set up inside the coop so i can watch any time. I will give them another day before I Start to worry

Last edited:
I am having the same issue... I bought 9 fertile eggs for my hen to sit on. This is her second time ( she had 100% hatch rate the first time) day 21 was yesterday and two have hatched and are doing great. I can't get to the other eggs under her. She is super protective. But I am wondering how long to give them before giving up. From what everyone is saying... 25 days. I have a camera set up inside the coop so i can watch any time. I will give them another day before I Start to worry

Any updates??

FWIW - I just finished an incubator hatch this last weekend. Marans rooster over Euskal Oiloa hens - 7 fertile eggs that were all moving on day 14. First chick hatched on day 22 followed by 3 other very healthy and very active chicks in the next 24 hours. Two more hatched on day 24 very weak and did not make it and one egg went stinky. Patience was the hardest part.

Last edited:
This is my first hatch, I had 32 in the incubator. I was so concerned because it was day 22 and I had only 2 hatch. Hatching is still happening I woke up to two beautiful blue splash maran chicks this morning and today is day 26. So far 19 have hatched, 5 more have pipped and are making progress. They are all doing extremely well! I'm so confused! My moms hatch date was a day after mine and she had 20 of 22 hatch some were even early and I'm still hatching. Temp? Even though I have 2 extra thermometers. I aimed for 99.5 kept my humidity at around 60 till day 19. Still baffled. I'm just glad that I'm getting beautiful healthy babies. I'm going to leave my incubator going until the weekend just in case!!!
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom