How long should I quarantine new hen? Can I quarantine them for 6 days?

Catbutts

Chirping
Jun 25, 2020
Southeast Asia, Bangkok, Thailand
This is kinda silly question but anyway. I got 2 new hens yesterday but I have to leave home for 3 days this friday. And the place that those new hen have been quarantine is kinda tiny (that's why I have to let them out to the run sometime) and easy to get wet unlike the coop. So if it's possible if I quarantine chicken only for 6 days? (I know that I should quarantine new pullet for atleast 1 month but I'm afraid that the quarantine place is going to get wet when I leave home😢)

It’s possible not to quarantine at all, but the risks increase.

That would be a choice you would have to make.
Is there a different place you can quarantine the bird at?

I’m sure there are stories of no quarantine and everyone is happy just as no quarantine and their whole flock died.

After the 30 days they need to be introduced in a “see but can’t touch“ way for a week or two before integrating them. How were you planning on mixing them together?

It’s possible not to quarantine at all, but the risks increase.

That would be a choice you would have to make.
Is there a different place you can quarantine the bird at?

I’m sure there are stories of no quarantine and everyone is happy just as no quarantine and their whole flock died.

After the 30 days they need to be introduced in a “see but can’t touch“ way for a week or two before integrating them. How were you planning on mixing them together?
I have to take a look for a quarantine place. And I'm going to introduce them through the fence. Of course they can see each other but can't touch😃.

Attachments

• IMG20200706181808.jpg
    IMG20200706181808.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 9
I have to take a look for a quarantine place. And I'm going to introduce them through the fence. Of course they can see each other but can't touch😃.

They can fly over that fence to get at each other or is that your quarantine area?

Back
Top Bottom