How long should I treat spradle leg??

MakNat

Songster
11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Ky
Its been 3 days and all the little dude does is chirp his head off and pick at the vet wrap. I have taken it off daily to change it and to see the progress.... Seems to be getting a hair bit better, but is so stressed...

I had a chick that took 3 days. I don't think most cases take that long though...

If the chick doesn't like the vet wrap splint, maybe you could take it off and try a bandaid?

I waited about a week to a week and a half before I took it off. But I used a band aid to fix it so I didnt want the sticky part to pull it back out.

An easy way to get the bandaid unstuck is to pour a couple drops of oil (baby, vegetable or olive) on the bandaid. The adhesive will dissolve and the bandaid will come right off.

This is the way I did it.

It’s best if you have help now if I can just explain it. The part that is not sticky goes between the legs. Take the sticky part and wrap it around one of the legs and have it stick to the part that is not sticky. Then take the other side and do the same thing. It may take it a while to walk but it will get is soon. Let us know if you get it.

And please if any one has a better way don't hesitate to say.

Back
Top Bottom