How long till hens start to produce full sized eggs? 4 weeks into laying -- getting Pewee eggs for the most part (around 40 grams)

I’ve posed this question before because I have two laying right now (RIR going into her 3rd month and ISA brown going into 2nd month of laying) and my eggs are still all around 50g each. The ISA eggs are slightly larger than the RIR. Not much has changed in their sizes since the first few. Others have posted that it depends on the bird but that they likely will get bigger, though I haven’t seen that happen much with mine so far.

Mine have been laying about 2.5 months. I had three double yolks in the 65 gram range in the first month. Now they are about 48-51 grams, from three BA pullets. I'm hoping they get bigger too, but that might not happen until next spring. I just accept each one as a special gift. Thanks, girls. :)

They may not hit full size until 2nd year, but should gradually get larger over the next few weeks/months.

My current pullets are pretty tiny so their eggs are scaled down as well.

Double yolkers?
It can take days to weeks to months for eggs to get to that birds 'normal' size.
Yeah double yolkers!
My Golden Comets have been laying for 4 weeks and the biggest egg so far is 76 grams. Their average egg is about 53 grams.
Nice! This is my egg data. Largest 68.5g (double yolk). 4+ weeks in.
Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 2.52.20 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom