How long until they’re here

FathertoFeathers

Songster
Aug 26, 2019
Tennessee
I ordered some Jersey Giant chicks off of tractor supplies website on Tuesday and it still is registered as processing. How long did it take until your chicks arrived? I’m really excited and I just want a time frame so I can look foreword to the day and be able to plan pickup accordingly.

Have you called them to figure out where the situation stands? That is what I would do.
Just so you know, TSC isn't a hatchery nor do they control one. They contract with several hatcheries to get chicks.
If it were me, I would either order directly from a hatchery or a breeder you can talk to so they can tell you what is happening on the ground there.

I ordered some Jersey Giant chicks off of tractor supplies website on Tuesday and it still is registered as processing. How long did it take until your chicks arrived? I’m really excited and I just want a time frame so I can look foreword to the day and be able to plan pickup accordingly.
Yes it might turn up when they e-mail you to pick them up in a week or in early spring. It might be worth your time to look at craigslist for hatching eggs and incubate your own if you want them guaranteed faster.

Since you are in Memphis, you are pretty close to JG breeders in MO. Besides 3 hatcheries there is one breeder with blacks and one with both whites and blacks.
I once raised blacks, whites and blues. They are one of my favorite breeds that I no longer raise.
https://agriculture.mo.gov/animals/pdf/poultry_yearbook.pdf

Last edited:
Have you called them to figure out where the situation stands? That is what I would do.
Just so you know, TSC isn't a hatchery nor do they control one. They contract with several hatcheries to get chicks.
If it were me, I would either order directly from a hatchery or a breeder you can talk to so they can tell you what is happening on the ground there.
I haven’t called them but that’s probably what I’m going to do.

I haven’t called them but that’s probably what I’m going to do.
PLUS i would not be surprised that you dont get them as off time of year for TS they would normally order a bunch of birds like spring. i agree...look online at hatcheries. dont go thru a middle man.....

Back
Top Bottom