How long will I be able to show my Silver Sussex for?

featherfella

Chirping
Apr 24, 2016
Hi there,

I have recently bought two Silver Sussex pullets for the purpose of showing them. The next big show is in early April next year, and I was just wondering, is there any specific age a chicken should be to show it? I mean I know you can show pullets, but girls won't be pullets, so if you have any knowledge on this particular topic, please let me know.

Thanks.

Most shows/exhibitions have two catagories as far as age is concern 1. Cocks and hens: over 12 months of age. 2. Cockerels and pullets: under 12 months of age.
If you don't have a copy of American Standard of Perfection, I would obtain a copy and study it for the standards your birds will be judged on....saves alot of time and heartache when entering a show, only to find out that your birds don't meet the standards. This is true of State Fairs and National competitions. Local fairs and shows, not so much.

Hi there,

I have recently bought two Silver Sussex pullets for the purpose of showing them. The next big show is in early April next year, and I was just wondering, is there any specific age a chicken should be to show it? I mean I know you can show pullets, but girls won't be pullets, so if you have any knowledge on this particular topic, please let me know.

Thanks.

Do you have a photo or two you could share of your SS? I'd love to see them!

Most shows/exhibitions have two catagories as far as age is concern 1. Cocks and hens: over 12 months of age. 2. Cockerels and pullets: under 12 months of age.
If you don't have a copy of American Standard of Perfection, I would obtain a copy and study it for the standards your birds will be judged on....saves alot of time and heartache when entering a show, only to find out that your birds don't meet the standards. This is true of State Fairs and National competitions. Local fairs and shows, not so much.
Thanks for the advice

Do you have a photo or two you could share of your SS? I'd love to see them!
Yes, I do have a photo of them. They are roughly about 5 and a half months old and have just started to lay.
IMG_3147.JPG
IMG_3147.JPG
IMG_3147.JPG

Back
Top Bottom