How loud are Pekin Ducks

Yeah, the Pekins do definitely have leg issues and highly prone to them. They also take longer to heal as well.

I have some bad luck with runners. I have 3 and they are year and half, and 2 have had prolapses. I love their personalities, but I am not sure I would want them again either.

My other breeds have been overall healthy.
My Saxony has been pretty much perfect, but she can be loud, too.

My Saxony has been pretty much perfect, but she can be loud, too.
OMG all 5 of mine are loud! God forbid a squirrel comes into the area! They will quack loudly all together and tell that squirrel off. They do this with cats too. They will follow them till they leave and still quack for a while after. And constantly shout back and forth to each other. I love my Saxony, but they sure are loud 😂

OMG all 5 of mine are loud! God forbid a squirrel comes into the area! They will quack loudly all together and tell that squirrel off. They do this with cats too. They will follow them till they leave and still quack for a while after. And constantly shout back and forth to each other. I love my Saxony, but they sure are loud 😂
Really? Lol! Mine isn't that excitable, but I only have one.

My quietest is my Welshie, but she's been plagued with all manner of ailments, so I'm hesitant to suggest that breed. But mine may just be a special case. She makes almost no noise.

Y
My Pekin is loud, but not constantly. She really only gets loud in the morning when she's excited about being let out or if something startles her. But when she does quack, oh my goodness, it's very loud! But not any louder than a barking dog, really.
You haven't heard my dog. But, he's an American Foxhound, and bays. LOUD!!!

Really? Lol! Mine isn't that excitable, but I only have one.

My quietest is my Welshie, but she's been plagued with all manner of ailments, so I'm hesitant to suggest that breed. But mine may just be a special case. She makes almost no noise.
I've had 2 Welshies. Both shout quackers. I still have one, she's been yelling at me for 7.5 years now. She does stop to eat.

Back
Top Bottom