How low will it go? Gas Prices I mean

$2.22 yesterday, $2.10 today. I've been buying $10 or $20 at a time, since it goes down five to ten cents every day.

I paid $2.82 last Tuesday. But prices here in SPENDY Vermont vary radically between towns. Gas is .20 a gallon cheaper in Montpelier than in Waterbury which is just 10 miles away.

What's bad is I am having difficulty finding 'real' gasoline for my chain saw. Everything is Methanol blended and that ruins engines, it also SIGNIFICANTLY lowers your milage in automobiles.

Quote:
We have a winner here............IF prices needed to be $3+ per gallon on way to $5/gal, they'd still be there. They would not operate at a loss plus figure the PROFITS they were making at $4/gal. Tells me what party Big Oil companies want in.

Gas dropped in N.E. this week from 2.69 to 2.29. Almost a dime a day.

Quote:
Just make sure you add in some Sta-Bil Unless you plan to use it all within a couple of months. Otherwise it will go bad and you will have wasted your $.

It's not a bad idea though. Plus you would be one less person in line when everybody goes to the gas stations before a storm. Making the situation far less stressful for you and a little less stressful for them.

Quote:
Me 2.
big_smile.png
I keep my tank half full and just keep adding some here and there.

Though I suspect we will continue to see the price drop into atleast February, unless the world economy recovers as drastically as it fell.

People have cut back spending on vacations so less fuel is being used for travel, they have cut back on all non-essential purchases which requires less deliveries and less trips to the stores. Also, because this is a world wide economic downturn we are not the only ones cutting back, so unlike this summer when mostly only the Americans were cutting back on consumption, now the whole world has as well.

Quote:
That's what I think, too. I've seen it happen time and time again. They jack prices up so high that you're "grateful" when they come back down... and you don't even realize that you're paying 50 cents to a dollar more than you were BEFORE prices went up!

Quote:
That's what I think, too. I've seen it happen time and time again. They jack prices up so high that you're "grateful" when they come back down... and you don't even realize that you're paying 50 cents to a dollar more than you were BEFORE prices went up!

That's how it works!

Back
Top Bottom